Sunday, September 6, 2009

'Nana Bread

Yesterday was a great day. I rode 45 miles with Scott Sowry of the Brian Maxwell Fellows program. We started from his place in Marin and enjoyed a 43 mile jaunt out to the Point Reyes. We pedaled over some good sized hills and past George Lucas' place. We left early and enjoyed cooler weather. On our way back we must have passed at least 300 riders. Very cool.


I came home and "crashed hard" as my mom would say. Translation: I took a nice nap.

Then I went over to Brooke and Ryan's for a nice evening of Cal Football. I was pumped to learn that Navy took the option offense to within 2 points of beating Ohio State. Thats good for Navy, the perennial underdog.

I also booked my tickets to my 10 year Annapolis reunion. Wow. 10 years? Where did that time go? Have I really progressed at all since then? The "what next" question has been weighing very heavy on my lately. Say a prayer that I'll figure it out.

Plus, say a prayer for all those effected by cancer. I signed up to ride in Austin's Ride for the Roses in October. Basically, its a 100 mile ride to raise funds for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I would love it if you could throw $10 (or more) to my fundraising effort at:

http://austin09.livestrong.org/jwbender

Lastly, I was delightfully surprised to learn that Brooke spent the morning putting old bananas to good use. I ate the entire loaf of banana bread in one sitting. It was absolutely awesome. God bless the Browns!



I am racing the San Francisco MetroMint Giro tomorrow in the city. Its kind of a goal for me in that I want to score well. I just need a "W."

No comments:


Blog Archive