Sunday, August 24, 2008

Left you hanging

1st things 1st. A couple photos for the homefront. Annie was nice enough to bring me this shirt. Mostly this pick is for wick (refered to as small dick wick on Kblog-whats up with that kblog)?



This my cutie rockin the white hat at a Giants Padres game at AT&T park. Trying to get a pic of her is like trying to photo lock ness, its tough! Glad I was able to sneak this one. Hot track jacket girl!


SF buildings. I had my 1st weekend in and about the city the weekend. It was fun and absolutely packed. However, all that walking resulted in the best CAL track jacket find ever! Score.


This was quite a spectacle. I was circling the marin traffic circle 2 cars behind this giant moving truck. Being a highly trained naval aviator, I decided that following a 50k lb vehicle up a street that posts no vehicles over 8000 lbs was a poor plan. I quickly turned off the 24% incline and found a longer route home. When I parked on my street, I was a little perterbed to find so many people turning down my street. Traffic had increased 10 fold. I noticed most cars were stopping at the intersection before turning onto my street. I walked to the corner and looked down the hill. If you click on the pic and blow it up, you'll see the skid marks. This guy stopped just before he crested the intersection of hilldale and marin aves. He couldnt get going again and started skidding backward. He took out 2 cars behind him, a hedge, a couple mailboxes, and finally came to rest in this horrible jack-knifed position. I have no idea how he got out of the mess. Needless to say, there was a significant amount of damage and someone's household goods inside the truck were undoubtedly destroyed.

This week was crazy busy. 1st week of school was pure orientation. NO class. The UC system found a problem with actual days of class this fall, so we dont kick up again until wed. Thats a good thing because I need to become a california resident to decrease tuition by $9k. I am unhappy that I am about to lose my Alaska license plate. For the longest time I have prided myself on being an Alaskan. I guess when it comes down to it, I am unwilling to pay $9k to keep my Ak state residency. So tomorrow, I have to brave the schwartzennegger reduced CAL DMV force and convince some nice DMV worker that I deserve to be a Californian. I am having a bit of an identity crisis in that respect.

Still no insurance money from my loss.

Happy for Emma and her recent position as head of Vanderkitten relations and non-pro team building! Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Thanx J-dub!! I talked with Dave about Interbike last week and he said I'll prob be going, but won't know for sure until Mark works out all the details...I'll let you know!! I def want to go!

BUT I will definitely be heading out to Berkeley within the next few months so I'll let you know when I'm in town! I'm still on cloud 9 about this whole VK thing!!!