Saturday, August 9, 2008

Surgery wasnt all that great.

930 am showtime for an 1100 surgery. Well, two emergency surgeries were in front of me. I stayed up the night before getting my room finally situated. That made it easy to sleep from 10 to 2 while waiting. There were 3 other people getting surgeries with all their families in front of me. There I was, all by myself just trying to sleep. POOOOORRRRRR me. I joke I joke.

Anyway, one of my roommates and cool new classmate Ryan (notredame grad, navy surface warfare officer turned financial analyst) drove up to pick me up. The only problem was that they arrived at 4 and my surgery didnt start until 5. I didnt see them, but Ryan stuck around to drive me back in my car. Well, I was out of surgery by 7:30 but was all messed up on anesthesia. I would be able to leave as soon as I was able to drink water and pee. Well, I was instructed to stop drinking and eating by midnight the night before. Annie knows that I ALWAYS have something in my hand drinking. No drinks for 20 hours! I couldnt urinate to save my life. Serious. I could barely feel my stomach much less control any muscles down there. So, after Ryan talking about waterfalls, babbling brooks, and the San Francisco Bay, I was still unable to perform. Then, the threat. Ryan quickly started to describe the pain of a catheter. Even with the fear of a catheter, I was just too out of it to complete my task. Rough.

So Ryan the man stayed with me until 1 am. He then woke up the next morning and drove my car to pick me. God Bless Him.

I feel loopy right now but was happy to get a ton of mail from Annie, Mom, rammer, and AT&T.

Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers. Looks like I will be laid up for a while and riding will go on the back burner. That might drive me crazy!

I noticed today that Frank Deal is way ahead of me in Cat3 bar points now. Good job frank!

Lastly, I want everyone to read the recall about Look pedals below. Please pass this info on.


http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08354.html


NEWS from CPSC

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207
______________________________
__
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2008
Release #08-354

Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 430-5665
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Bicycle Pedals Recalled by Look Cycle; Pedals Can Break Causing Cyclists to Fall

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary
recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using
recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: KéO Bicycle Pedals

Units: About 80,000 (40,000 pairs)

Distributor: Look Cycle USA, of San Jose, Calif.

Hazard: The steel axle inside the pedal can break, posing a fall
hazard to cyclists.

Incidents/Injuries: Look Cycle has received 14 reports of incidents
with broken pedals, including 7 injuries which resulted in scrapes,
cuts, contusions, elbow pain, and a knee injury.

Description: The recalled bicycle pedals were sold separately from
bicycles. Pedal models include KéO Classic, KéO Sprint, KéO HM and KéO
Carbon. The model name is printed in white on the side of the pedal.
Date codes between January 2004 and December 2005 are included in this
recall. The date code for the KéO Classic, Sprint and Carbon pedals is
on a dial stamped onto the pedal. The date code for the KéO HM is on
the bottom of the pedal, with the letters A through L corresponding to
the month, and the numbers 4 and 5 indicating 2004 or 2005. "Ti"
pedals are not included in this recall.

Sold at: Specialty bicycle retailers nationwide from January 2004
through July 2007 for between $100 and $500.

Manufactured in: France

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bicycle
pedals and return them to any authorized Look Cycle dealer, or contact
Look Cycle USA to arrange for shipping and free repair.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Look Cycle USA
toll-free at (866) 430-5665 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday
through Friday, visit the firm's Web site at www.lookcycle-usa.com, or
email the firm at KeoUpgrade@lookcycle-usa.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you can update your blog! Hurry up and keep getting better.. my prayers are with you! -lcb

Robert P said...

This blog means I get new pedals its like Christmas, Thanks dude! Get well soon.

Wick said...

Get better soon guy!