Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

>
>

> I wasn't really sad when I drove away from my longest vegas stint.
> I came out of there with all hotels comped (premium room at the
> palms in the new tower danny), all meals paid, all partying paid,
> all cab rides and club admissions paid (never any lines for this
> guy), enough cash to pay for all the fuel from Norfolk to Berkeley,
> and enough cash to cover my $500 theft deductible and buy a new
> school laptop. Yeah for me!
>
> The drive out of vegas wasn't that bad. 9 hours to drive 550
> miles. When ben, my new roomy, and I got to tony's house (99
> Annapolis seal just completed his 1st year at haas and currently
> interning with a military owned comm real estate firm in la), there
> was absolutely no where to park. Every spot was reserved so I had
> to park near some school and I am sure I'll be towed. However, I
> took everything out of the truck so there'd be nothing to steal.
> All of my possessions are in tony's office not getting stolen.
> Quick note: absolutely no problems with parking lot security at the
> palms.
>
> Tomorrow I am driving to see the rental. 901 hilldale ave,
> Berkeley, ca 94708. Please send all house warming gifts now so that
> when I take the house on Monday, I'll have some mail.
>
> Kblog, wick nasty said you are adopting him now that I am gone. I
> think that job will take more of a team effort from you family
> guys. Wick can have a thick skull about some things (like guaging
> efforts on the front) but is a pretty good kid otherwise. Big ups
> to tkarnes for showing up at wed night circles race. I hear kid's
> getting stronger. Bigger ups to wick nasty for being there at the
> end. Took longer than I thought, but you are speeding up guy!
>
> Finally, thanks tommy urso for taking care of me at the palms.
> Danny e, how was your poker game?
>
> Corey carp-dawg, call m&m immediately.
>
> Gf, chill pill for 5 seconds while I figure out my skedg.
>

1 comment:

Oregondann said...

Thank you for not mentioning my weak "game!" ;)
So prob a bad idea to play cards in Vegas the week of the WSOP as people were getting knocked out of the game and hitting the table trying to make back the $10k they lost. On a good note I won $300 at my home game last night...sorry for the no call back but it was 1am.

Hindsight is 20-20...

"Do you come here often?"
"Hi, my name is Danny..."
"Wow, it is hot in here..."
"Where are you from?"
"Smells like up dog in here.." ("What's up dog?")
"Nothing, what's up with you..."


Blog Archive